Thursday, January 10, 2013

Flavorful Pumpkin Pie Pudding



We love pumpkin pie at our house but we don't eat alot of it because it's not very good for you. I have heard of pumpkin pudding before and decided to give it a try. I looked at tons of different recipes and didn't really like any of them. So I took a few of them and changed them until i came up with this. It's wonderful and no sugar added. (Both my husband and I are diabetic so this is a plus).

If sugar isn't an issue to you, you could substitute the regular stuff for anything sugar free.

1 sugar free vanilla pudding mix. (any brand)
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 can (15oz) pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup (any brand)
3/4 cup or 6oz either plain or vanilla yogurt
1 tub cool whip
3-4 graham crackers (made into crumbs)

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add pumpkin, maple syrup, yogurt and vanilla extract. Mix well with spoon or whisk. Fold in 3/4 cup Cool whip. Divide in to 6 equal serving cups. Top with your desired amount of cool whip and graham cracker crumbs.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear thoughts and opinions on things. Please leave a comment. If you have any questions I'll answer those too.