Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wonderful Easy Mexican Chicken Soup

My family loves to eat. Sometimes it's hard to find something that everyone agrees on. And my Mexican chicken soup is something everyone loves. I make it both on stove top and in the crock pot. It can be an easy throw together meal or you can let it simmer all day and enjoy it as your day allows.



 
 
The following recipe is for a stove top batch. I will put in adjustments for crock pot cooking at the end.
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
1/2 pound of chicken, breast or dark meat cut into small pieces
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup of chunky salsa (as hot as you like it)
1 cup cooked brown rice
1can whole kernel corn
garlic and salt to taste
 
In a large pot mix chicken broth with water and add chicken pieces. Cook until meat is tender. Usually 8-10 minutes. Add cream of chicken soup and salsa stir until well mixed. Add rice, corn, garlic, and salt. Mix well, lower heat and cook about another 8-10 minutes.
 
*****If you decide to crock pot it,  put all ingredients in the crock pot. Use uncooked rice and increase water by a cup. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
 
I also always heat up some flour tortillas on the side. YUMMY!!!! I hope you enjoy.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear thoughts and opinions on things. Please leave a comment. If you have any questions I'll answer those too.